Greetings. My name is Jeannine Etter, and I am running as a staff member for the KPFA Local Station Board
If elected my immediate goal would be to support KPFA’s expanded on-the-ground community connection and presence, along with forming partnerships with like-minded organizations working in alignment with the KPFA mission of addressing social, racial, and economic justice.
I will work to help make an effective outreach plan for KPFA and help organize volunteers to implement it. This would involve expanding KPFA events, its social media presence, and the development of outreach tools like fliers, posters, billboards, free ads, and radio promos across the signal range from Oakland, San Jose, Mountain View, San Francisco and up into the North Bay.
My programming goals include supporting more training opportunities and collaboration among programmers and sharing of new sources for news, public affairs programs, and music. I also have ideas about how to improve the KPFA website with more community interaction and searchable information for each individual program.
My interactive goals are to support effective communication among paid and unpaid staff, the Local Station Board, and management. I strongly support benefits and respectful consideration for all staff.
To protect the integrity of our programming I am opposed to corporate underwriting and will work to stay true to KPFA’s mission as a listener-sponsored radio station.
A few notes on my background:
• Technical Producer with KPFA Evening News for 7 years
• Radio Host/Producer for UpFront 1 year
• Music Programmer for 10 years
• Executive Producer of International Women’s Day Programming
• Executive Producer for Black History Month Programming
• In Leadership with Amandla Radio Collective
• Coordinator of KPFA Movie Matinee and Documentary Nights
• Event Producer of Pan African Festival for 5 years
• Received Community Appreciation Award in 2017 for Outreach Work
• Outreach Coordinator for OneLife Institute for 5 years
• Event Production/Coordinator for 10 years
• Editor of 6 published books
• Published Writer
• Former Retreat Coordinator with Bay Area Nonviolent Communication (BayNVC)
• Leadership Certificate Black Women Organized for Political Action
• American Sign Language